Director of Program Position Available
Mercy Care for the Adirondacks is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy to enhance the fullness of life of elders living independently in the Adirondacks.
The Director of Programs oversees and directs the day-to-day operations of the programs of Mercy Care for the Adirondacks, with the exception of the Parish Nurse Program. In this newly-established position, the director of programs is responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and evaluation of all the organization’s direct service, mission extension, and age-friendly communities programs in accordance with the annual program plan adopted by the Board of Directors and Mercy Care’s Strategic plan. As a member of the senior management team, the director of programs participates in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives in addition to problem solving. He/she works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned.
Duties and responsibilities
Human resource management
- Direct, plan and coordinate the work of the program staff including supervision and evaluation, training and team building
- Ensure adequate and qualified staff to carry out the program activities
- In consultation with the Executive Director, responsible for the selection, hiring, coaching, and discipline of the program employees
- Responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and evaluation of all activities of the direct service, mission extension, and age-friendly communities programs in accordance with Mercy Care’s Annual Program Plan and Strategic Plan.
- Responsible for the supervision and management of the program data management software
- Compile, maintain and report on the monthly, quarterly and annual program statistics; compile, analyze and report on trends in the programs; develop and recommend solutions to the Executive Director
- Develop, implement and evaluate recruitment strategies to expand the number of volunteers to support the programs
- Develop, implement and evaluate recruitment strategies to expand the number of elders participating in the program
- Responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and evaluation of all activities related to the Mission Extension Program
- Identify and form partnerships to enhance and increase the number of new community-based friendship volunteer programs based on Mercy Care’s best practice model.
- The Program Director shall attend all Board Pastoral Care Program Committee Meetings and Board Meetings, as requested by the Executive Director.
- As requested by the Executive Director, the Director of Programs will participate in state, regional, and local meetings, participate in workshops, and represent Mercy Care on Aging Services Committees and in other community organizations.
- At the request of the Executive Director, the Director of Programs will attend and participate in friendraising and other community outreach events and activities.
- Support the values of the Sisters of Mercy and Mercy Care for the Adirondacks as a Catholic, faith-based organization
- Relevant experience in aging services and rural communities
- Degree in social work or related field preferred, i.e., human services, nursing, health administration, or education preferred
- Strong problem solving and group work leadership skills
- Ability to interact with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Sound computer skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work flexible hours on occasion
- Occasional overnight travel required
- Access to a vehicle
- Commensurate with experience
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Donna Beal, Executive Director
185 Old Military Road
Lake Placid, NY 12946
email@example.com (e-mail application preferred)